- Does your child struggle to experience, express and manage a range of emotions?
- Does your child struggle to pick up, understand or respond to the emotions of others?
- Does your child engage in inappropriate behaviours in response to emotional situations?
- Does your child experience all events with the same intensity?
- Does your child show a very low tolerance for frustration?
- Does your child show a limited range of emotions?
- Do they find it difficult to cope with stressful experiences?
- Does your child experience outbursts of negative or positive emotions?
- Is your child less socially competent, in general?
Children and young people experience many of the same emotions adults do. They get angry, sad, frustrated, nervous, happy, silly or bored. They observe friends, family and others expressing a range of different emotions. Often they do not have the words to understand, think and talk about how they or others are feeling. Instead, they sometimes act out these emotions in a very physical and inappropriate way or do not respond at all. Emotional regulation is a fancy term used to describe the ability to process and express a range of emotions, and react in appropriate ways in emotional situations.
This whole day training looks at ways we can help a young person understand different feelings – what they look like, sound like and the words we use. It also looks at developing strategies to help young people understand what they are feeling and support the development and use of their emotional vocabulary and expression. We will also look at different visual resources to help us teach children how to respond to different emotions.
Upcoming Emotional Regulation Course Date:-
Emotional Regulation: Understanding and Communicating Feelings Training Day – TBC
Venue – TBC – Norwich area
Price – £100.00 max per delegate* – All prices include a catered lunch and a resource pack to take away!
* Help us increase numbers and get a reduction in the cost of the course to you…. the more attending our sessions the cheaper we can supply the training. Therefore our courses will work on a sliding scale and for 2017-2018 we promise to reduce the cost for each delegate as the numbers increase.
Up to 15 delegated – £100 each
16-20 delgates – £95 each
21-25 delegates – £86 each
The price you see on our adverts will be the maximum cost to you!
If you would like to host an Emotional Regulation Training for your school or cluster, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Who is it for?
For key staff and parents living or working with school age children and young people: Teachers, SENCos, Teaching Assistants, Speech and Language Therapists, Parents, Residential Care Workers, Family Support Practitioners and other professionals working in an education, health or or social care field.